The club has recently opened their new hut in Glen Clova. Click here to read about the old hut.
This hut is available for use by members of the club, and can also be booked by other mountaineering clubs, and other groups.
The hut provides basic accommodation for up to 16 people. It features:
- Large living space with wood burning stove
- Large kitchen with two stoves, fridge, pots, pans, crockery and cutlery,
microwave ovens, toaster
- 2 Toilets (1 of which is accessible for wheelchair users)
- 1 Shower (also wheelchair accessible)
- 2 bedroom with ‘alpine style’ sleeping platforms and mattresses (sleeping bags required)
The hut is is ideally situated for hill walking on the Munros of Mayar and Driesh, and is within walking distance of the rock climbing crags of Red Craig, and about 1 hour’s walk from the winter climbing areas of Winter Corrie and Corrie Fee.
Location: Glen Clova, SE Grampians, Scotland
Grid Reference: OS Map 44 Ref 286757
The project was part-financed by the Cairngorms National Park Authority through the Cairngorms Local Action Group, the Climate Challenge Fund, Angus Council Community Grant Scheme, the Scottish Mountaineering Trust, the Mill Cottage Trust, and by Awards for All Scotland. The CDMC are also grateful for donations from a number of other Mountaineering Clubs and individuals.